A word about Help Musicians UK

If you've read the 'top' post on the Support Action homepage, which explains what the site is all about, you'll already know that it's a fairly specific enterprise. I go to hear a lot of live music (or at least, I did) and I collect records... so this felt like an obvious way I might do a bit of good in a universe I sort of know, and avoid floundering without purpose.

However - while my particular aim is to point you towards recent and recommended recordings you can buy to help artists hit by cancellations - I'm also well aware that for many musicians, CD releases aren't part of their working life at all, for any number of reasons.


Help Musicians UK is a charity working to provide grants and assistance to musicians facing hardship. They have a dedicated Coronavirus-related fund up and running, and the more donations they receive, the more they can work on other avenues of support.

With that in mind, if you would prefer your money to go towards more general aid for artists in need (rather than opt for an individual record release), I would urge you to check Help Musicians out.

Please visit their website here. (And from there, of course, you can link to all their social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.)

Thank you.

Comments